We should not be angry with a brother,
We should not speak of a brother as being empty headed or good for nothing,
And we should not call a brother a fool.
If we have offended a brother we need to go to him and make things right with him before we can approach God, with our offering
i think this has to do with offering up our lives to Him also
I urge you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.
We should not look upon a woman and lust after her, for that is to have committed adultery with her in our heart. Lust leads to adultery so we should not lust after anything person object or position.
But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh in regard to its lusts.
You lust and do not have; so you commit murder. And you are envious and cannot obtain; so you fight and quarrel.
1st John 2:16-17
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eye and the boastful pride of life, is not from the Father, but is from the world. And the world is passing away, and also its lust: but the one who does the will of the God abides forever.
We are to speak straight forward not wavering in anything
But let your statement be yes, yes or no, no and anything beyond these is of evil.
We are to return good for evil, and give to those whom ask more then they ask, to be stretched, to allow our lives to be stretched out, willing to serve others.
We are to love our enemies, and pray for those who persecute us, in order that we may be sons of the Father who is in heaven.
We are to treat every one the same, to greet each person we meet the same, with a grateful heart, that we can be Jesus to them.
And that brings us to Matthew 5:48
Therefore you are to be perfect, as you’re heavenly Father is perfect.
This has gotten me in trouble with others before but i truly believe that when the Father put something in His Book, (the bible), like be perfect as He is perfect, then He expects us to do our best to be perfect, as He is perfect.
And for where it is located then i believe that Matthew 5:21-47 explains how we can be perfect, i also believe when Father God tells us to do or not to do something He also gives us the way and ability to follow His instructions.
- we are not to commit murder
- Don’t be angry with a brother.
- Don’t speak badly of a brother to put them down.
- Not to call a brother a fool.
- If you have done something to offend a brother go to him and make it right.
- Make friends quickly with an opponent at law, if you are being sued settle out of court make it right you can
- We are not to commit adultery,
- Not to look on a woman to lust after her, or anything else.
- We are not to divorce, we are given a way but i believe we are not to divorce.
- We are not to make oaths.
- We are to have words be truthful and a Yes means yes and our No means no
- If anyone sue us we are to give them more then they ask,
- We are to be merciful to those whom are friends as well as enemies.
- Greet an enemy the same as you would greet a brother; treat everyone with a gracious and joyful heart.
In the world we are taught;
- you have the right to say anything you about anyone you want, and it is even more excitable to speak badly about someone then good, and to be angry has become the normal way of life for a lot of people Christian and non-Christian alike. And the normal response if you have offended someone seems to be they need to get over it.
- If you are sued do all you can to make people believe you did no wrong and the other person can do no right.
- Adultery is not only acceptable but is encouraged in so much of what we see and hear.
- Lusting after things including women is shoved at us in almost every ad and show and popular book out there.
- That divorce is ok for any and every reason you could possibly think of, and is even encouraged by the government.
- We are encouraged to make oaths and to speak in any matter we see fit to accomplish whatever we want.
- If we are sued to say whatever it takes to get out of it as long as we don't have to pay then tear down the other person as far as we can, and to get whatever we can out of the situation.
- We are taught to show no mercy at any time unless we can get something in return for it.
- To not even look at someone much less greet them,
- To only be friendly to those that we consider to be our friends or people we think we can get something from.
Which brings us to --- the ways of man are unstable, and the ways men are not the ways of God.
Not an easy path but with the help of Christ Jesus and he Holey Spirit a posable pathe to walk.
be back Monday have a great weekend